Well, it’s official, even though a violation of our contracts and thus the law. Ralph Bayers now owns both the Green Building and the Brown Building. Both are taxed at commercial use rate.
If you’ve followed my posts or received my emails via the mailing list:
- You know that the green building is specifically mentioned in the License Agreement as part of the common lands.
- You know that I paid for legal opinion, at personal expense, that determined that it could not be subdivided and sold.
- You know that I informed HarbourEdge that they could not subdivide it and sell it, via formal demand letter, and asked owners to email Mr. Larry Dunn as well that they did not approve.
- You know that they ignored the legal demand letter and owner messages and subdivided it last summer.
- Now you know that they sold it to Mr. Ralph Bayers, (as recorded above as of April 19, 2021) who has been using it exclusively for his own profit by renting out storage space to outsiders for over 7 years, giving out the gate code to his clients and compromising the security of the entire complex in so doing, denying us our rights to use it, all while contributing nothing to our common lands maintenance fee fund and receiving priority of maintenance contracts.
Below are the pertinent sections defining the common lands and our rights to use of them and eventual ownership of them. The legal opinions I obtained and the demand letter I sent as well as the email form I created for owners to send to Mr. Dunn can be found elsewhere on this site.
I fought the good fight. A few good people sent emails or letters. Apparently Larry Dunn doesn’t care what anyone thinks, if he can break a contract with 140 people and they don’t complain and he can put more $ in his pocket, that’s all that matters.
I’m too pissed off to say all of what I’m feeling.
So I’ll just say: I tried to stop this. Watch what they sell off from our lands next.